Kids First Patients and Families:
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) and infection control protocols that have exceeded all the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), American Dental Association (ADA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
You will see many changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and team.
- All parents/guardians that accompany the patient will be required to wear a face mask upon entry to our office.
- Upon arrival for each scheduled appointment, we are asking that each patient please STAY IN YOUR CAR and call the office to let us know when you have arrived. Once we are ready, we will call or text each patient to come in wearing your mask.
- All patients and parent/guardian will be individually greeted at the door; each person’s temperature will be taken with a touchless thermometer.
- When entering the building, each parent/guardian and patient will be asked to wash your hands prior to checking in.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That may mean that patients will be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointments.
- All staff will have face masks on and all required PPE.
- The video games, magazines, and toys have been removed from waiting room.
Other changes that you will not specifically see are:
- We are installing HEPA filters and antimicrobial UV light systems to reduce microorganisms in the HVAC system and in the air in the office.
- Each staff member is completing a health screening and temperature check prior to work each day.
When scheduled for an appointment please inform us if you or the patient are experiencing the following:
- Any fevers or feeling of feverish within 14 days of the appointment
- Flu like symptoms, such as, upset stomach, headache or fatigue
- Have any heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease, diabetes, or auto-immune disorder
- Loss of taste or smell
- Shortness of breath or difficulties breathing
- Have a cough
- If you or patient have been in contact with any confirmed COVID-19 positive patients
We will begin treating our patients Monday May 18th, 2020. All appointments March 16th through May 30th were cancelled will be rescheduled in that order. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. If your appointment had been cancelled during the Shelter in Place, please contact us via phone at 847-717-5437.